Saturday, July 18, 2009

4 Days of Fun

This is the start of a 4-day weekend for me. I definitely have some fun in store for myself that I would like to share.

I signed up for a doll workshop online this week. I’ve wanted to do this workshop for awhile and this weekend is a great time to start. The coolest thing about this process is getting to sculpt a face for my dolly. The doll will be made of fabric with paint and paperclay applied to the body form to create features. Very exciting!

Here are some of the dolls made by others who’ve participated in this workshop:

I’ll be sure to take photos of the process and final product.

In addition to starting on my doll this weekend I plans with a friend which involve lunch, visiting Spool and Loop on South Street and helping her start a sweater for her first baby due in November. I also have plans to go see the Phillies with a large group of folks from my neighborhood Monday evening. Let’s hope they win.

7 comments:

maedeans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maedeans said...

You certainly deserve 4 days of fun. I'll be watching and waiting to hear how all of it goes.

Jeannine said...

Thank you so much for sharing about the class. I've been looking for a class like this and now I'm signed up too!

Looking forward to seeing your doll! Enjoy your time off ...

Kathleen said...

Wow. Thanks for the info about the class! What a truly fun and whimisical escape. Have fun. I am already taking three workshops with two more scheduled for August, so won't be able to make this round, but you can bet I'll be looking for that one some time soon. Keep sharing your adventure with us!

rachel whetzel said...

WOW. Thank you so much for the link to my first doll!! So neat to pop over here from your comment on my blog, and see that you've mentioned ME!!

As to your Q... I may be submitting Alice... I'm not sure yet. If she fits a publication call, I probably will.

CarlaCarlaCarlaCarla said...

I've never seen anything quite like these dolls. Vellie intellesting!

maedeans said...

Have I seen your doll?