Thursday, December 23, 2010

Zentangles

Well I've not been blogging much this year, but I've been doing a new form of art... Zentangles. You can find out all about them and the Official Zentangle site.



You can also see all of my zentangles on flickr here.



The zentangle pictured here is for Laura Harms weekly zentangle challenge. This is week #1 and the prompt during this busy holiday season is Simplicity. I took the simplicity of one spiral and added one pattern. Fairly pleased and happy to start the weekly challenge.

6 comments:

i am the diva said...

Ooh! this is great!

Tinkered Art said...

Very nice - love the look of the center.

Lone Creature said...

interesting how one simple pattern can make me feel like I want to dive down the middle...LOL...great piece

HeatherCheryl said...

This is beautiful!

ptrish40 said...

Really AWESOME!

maedeans said...

I don't know anyone personally who does not need to simplify their life -- particularly me. So, I think this idea of creating a Zentangle that represents Simplification is a good one. Your involvement in creating Zentangles has certainly made me aware they are everywhere I look, like the full-page ad on the back of the January 2011 SOUTHERN LIVING magazine. The shell part of the snail in this ad is the exact opposite of simplification, but when it is contrasted with simplicity of the snail body and what it is advertising, the complicated part makes the point and meaning of the ad very clear. This website may make it a little more clear what I am saying as far as the contrast between the simple and the complicated:
http://www.sweetnlow.com/